Thursday, January 12, 2012

Vacation in a cup! (Mango & coconut smoothie recipe)

Mango and coconut. Something about that combination just screams tropical vacation.

After my run this morning (a short one, because it's -10 out there and I'm a little crazy!) I was really feeling the need for a vacation somewhere HOT! But, since it's not in my budget I opted to create something that would at least allow me to pretend I was sitting on a beach in Cancun for a few minutes. And it's super good and super healthy!

I don't have a fancy name for it (I'm open to suggestions) but for now I give you my Coconut/Mango/Avacado smoothie! Aka. - vacation in a cup!

(and for the record, the avacado makes it smooth and yummy - you don't really taste it)

- 1 1/2 - 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp protein powder (omit if desired)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 an avocado, peeled and chunked
- 1 tbsp agave (or vanilla would work too)
- 1/2 cup of ice as needed

(and now that I think about it - adding pineapple would also be amazing!)


Add a little umbrella, forget about the freezing temps and enjoy!
Aloha! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment