Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cold buster juice - cold/flu bugs beware

It's cold/flu season and I'm usually safe from the nasty flu bug (and no, I never get the shot) but 99.9% of the time I get at least 2 colds.
This morning I woke up feeling like a cold was beginning to make itself at home...no good!
So, I'm loading up on Oil of Oregano and making my favorite vitamin C filled, virus fighting juice to ward this thing off!

Toss the following into your juicer and enjoy!
1/2 inch ginger
1 apple
3 or 4 large carrots
1 orange and 1/2 grapefruit


Ginger: relieves cold and flu symptoms, improves circulation and eases stomach upset
Apples: just an all-around great fruit full of fiber and sweetens the juice
Carrots: full of carotene which converts to Vitamin A which is fabulous for our immune system. They are also high in vitamin C and Potassium.
Oranges: the ever faithful orange/grapefruit is all about the Vitamin C.

Drink up!!
If you don't have a juicer, many smoothie/juice places will make something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment