Friday, April 23, 2010

Weak in the knees

I ran so hard this morning I thought my knees were going to give out.
And it was only for 5 minutes.
Afterwards I felt horrible....like passing out...and my knees were throbbing. Beyond frusterating....and yet I continue to try and run faster, longer and better. Just load up on Advil to numb it.

Today was a day of confession for me. Not to any one person, but to myself and to God. It needed to be done.
Down on my knees, those painful knees, and confessing to everything I've been and done in the past while. But as good as it feels to release those things - now all my emotions are at the surface and just waiting to bubble over. I can't simply take an Advil for this and hope it goes away.....they are there....and words will be said.

Knowing me, it's going to happen in a circumstance I don't want it to.
So much to think and pray about these next couple days. Some silly, some serious.

My knees are weak, painful and ready to give out. But continuing to fall on my knees to Him may be the best solution in this case.....

"Would you mind if I pretended I was someone else,
with courage in love and war.
I use to think that's what I was,
but now this lying hurts to much,
and I don't know what for.

I'm weak in the knees for you, but I'll stand if you want me to.
My legs are strong, and I'll move on
But honey I'm weak in the knees"

1 comment: